Okay, I LOVE my crock pot! At one point I even had 3. But now I have gotten down to having just one, a really great programmable one. I’m always on the lookout for great crock pot recipes. It’s my favorite kitchen tool to use, especially this time of the year since it’s SO hot, and our oven HEATS up our little 2-bedroom apartment. The crock pot is the perfect solution! So keep your eyes peeled for lots of crock pot recipe posts!
The other night I decided to try a chicken alfredo recipe that I had stumbled upon on allrecipes.com. It was YUMMY! If you are not a fan of creamy delicious sauce then you probably won’t like this recipe. 🙂
(Photographing food is a very difficult thing to do and it probably doesn’t help that I took this picture on my iPhone.)
I altered a few things based on what I had/thought:
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 (.7oz) package of dry Italian dressing mix
- clove of garlic (I used 1/4tsp of minced garlic)
- 1 pkg of cream cheese, softened
- can of condensed cream of chicken soup
- can of condensed cream of mushroom soup (or use real mushrooms)
- 1 pkg of spaghetti noodles
- Spray your slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray, this makes clean-up much easier. Throw your chicken breasts in the slow cooker. In a small bowl mix together water & Italian dressing mix then pour over chicken. Sprinkle the garlic over chicken. Then place the lid on your slow cooker and cook on low for 4 hours.
- After 4 hours I took a fork and “cut up” my chicken into smaller pieces, you could shred the chicken if you want, it should be tender enough.
- Combine the softened cream cheese and cream of chicken soup together. (I added 1/2 can of cream of mushroom soup also) Pour over chicken. If you are using real mushrooms add those now. Cover and cook on low for another house.
- Prepare your noodles as directed on the package.
- Serve your chicken and sauce over the noodles and enjoy!