It’s been a long time since I’ve written a post! It was one of my New Years goals to blog more and here I am on the 29th of January writing my first post…better late than never right?
I want to share these yummy muffins I made a couple weeks ago. They are apple cinnamon muffins, they are both yummy & healthy!
•2 cups old-fashioned oats
•1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour (I think I’ll use whole wheat next time just to make them a little more healthier)
•1/2 cups brown sugar
•2 tsp baking powder
•3/4 tsp baking soda
•3/4 tsp salt
•1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
•1 cup buttermilk (I never have buttermilk on hand so I mixed some lemon juice & regular milk together)
•2 Tbsp vegetable oil
•1 large egg, beaten
•1-2 medium apples, shredded or chopped (I had a little of both shredded & chopped)
•1/2 cups walnuts, chopped (I left this out)
Here’s what you do:
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees & grease a standard muffin pan.
2. In large bowl combine the first 7 ingredients (the dry ingredients)
3. In a medium bowl, beat the buttermilk, oil & egg until well blended then stir in your apples. Add the apple mixture to the flour mixture & stir just until the flour mixture is moistened. *It will be thick & lumpy* Stir in the walnuts if you want to add those.
4. Scoop into muffins pans (I used an ice cream scoop & that worked great!) Bake 20-25 minutes or until the muffins begin to brown & you can insert a toothpick and it comes out clean.
5. Remove muffins from pan & serve warm with a big glass of milk! 🙂
Even baby Thomas enjoyed these muffins!
I had quite a mess to clean up afterwards, but he seemed to enjoy them 🙂
My next post will hopefully be SOON & will be about the awesome freezer breakfast burritos I made!